Thursday, June 9, 2011

Manual Dexterity

I was searching through the archives of my blog today in hopes of finding the right piece of writing for some contests I plan to enter. In the process of looking through each entry, I noticed quite a difference in the quality of my photography before and after the lens adapter and vintage lenses came into play. I noticed a marked improvement from the first few attempts at the shots with the manual adjust lenses to my later work.

It's easy for me to see that I have much to learn in the ways of lighting and technique, but it's a challenge I am ready to take on. There is something rewarding about taking photos with a manual lens. Don't misunderstand, I'm very pleased with the results from the automatic lens. I just find it more creative if I have to adjust the lens until the photo is just right by my standards. Creative control, perhaps? Either way, it's what lured me into photography all those years ago. I feel inspired to go home and take some photos tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment