Monday, September 12, 2011

One

Single digit. Single serving. Flying solo. No matter how you say it, it simply comes down to this: I am now alone. I didn't really think it would come to this, but it has. Things are messy right now, and I'm exhausted. I don't know how I am going to survive this, but my friends and family assure me I will. I am strong and resilient - I have to keep reminding myself this. I have to pack up my entire life from the new home I had just started to become acquainted with. My life has become topsy turvy. My furry kids don't understand why mommy doesn't live with them any longer.

Yet somehow, there is still a spark within me encouraging me to move forward, and to pursue other avenues. I am not giving up hope - somewhere out there happiness can be found. It just might take a while. Until then I am a single serving with shared animal custody.

1 comment: