Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blueberry-licious!!

Ok, I have to share this recipe. Since I have (mostly) given up grains, I find it's rare that I miss them or anything made from them. However, there are a few foods that I find myself craving. One particular is a breakfast favorite: pancakes. Or waffles. Or both! And it seems that everywhere I look lately someone is mentioning making them, sharing recipes about them and taking photos of them. So I set out to find a version appropriate to my way of eating....and in my many excursions to find an alternative recipe for such deliciousness, I found this primal version. I am pleased to share the recipe - as well as to say that these are AMAZINGLY delightful! Extremely easy to make and perfect for those of us who need or want to be gluten free. Enjoy!!



                                          Midas Gold Pancakes/Waffles
                                
                                          1 cup almond flour
                                          4 eggs
                                          2 Tblsp honey
                                          1 Tsp vanilla
                                          1/4 Tsp baking soda
                                          1/4 Tsp salt

                                          Beat eggs in bowl with whisk. Add honey, vanilla & beat til smooth.
                                          Add almond flour, salt & baking soda, mix well with whisk. Pour
                                          into hot waffle iron or skillet w/olive oil for pancakes.





                                      
**If you don't have almond flour, simply take almonds and put in food processor. Blend until flour like consistency. I haven't made waffles, I just make the pancakes. I heat olive oil on a medium heat, then pour the batter in. Be warned, these are not going to be as fluffy as regular pancakes - and they will have a tendency to stick. Just keep loosening with a spatula. Once both sides look evenly cooked they are done. I use real butter and defrost some sort of frozen berries - I prefer blueberries - and pour over top in place of syrup. They are scrumptious, healthy and filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment